My 1939 Ford Standard Coupe - The Tear Down

 Page  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12  13   14   15   16   17   18   19


The liner of the shackle stud remains stuck in the bore of the radius rod end. I used a fresh 18 tooth hacksaw blade and assembled my saw with the blade in the opening. It just barely fit. I made two cuts, 180 from each other, sawing enough to carefully cut thru the shell.

Once the cuts were made. the pieces practically fell out. I used a hammer and chisel, but I could have pushed them out with my hand and a screwdriver.
This shot shows how the parts fit together in cross-section.

Go to the Restoration Pages  

Return to Page 1